Monday 8 August 2011

Chapter 2 - Gen 14 - Devon

Dad makes me so mad sometimes, anyone would think he had never been young himself and if he was, he obviously didn't have any fun!!   What is the harm in letting me have a little fun before I start doing all the things he wants me to do, a career, a wife, a family, what harm am I doing really!!??  He has wound me up so much, I got a little heavy handed with the sink and broke it, and now I need to get it fixed before it gives him another excuse to have a go at me - AGAIN!!!!!






Yes and he drives me to drink sometimes - not really. This is my normal morning routine, in from the club, grab something out of the fridge to eat, another quick drink then bed, I dare not drink coffee or I would never sleep.


"So you did at least listen to one thing this morning."
"Yes I am here ready and waiting for the lecture that I probably know off by heart now!!"
"Stop trying to be funny Devon, I don't find your behaviour very funny!!"
"What exactly am I doing that is so wrong?  Do I come home drunk and disorderly - No.  Do I get into any trouble and come home in a police car - No.  Is there anyone complaining about my behaviour other than you - No.  So tell me Dad - what is it with you??"
"Your a young adult now and since you graduated, you have shown no interest in a career or getting a job, you don't take life seriously it is just one big playground for you. all you have done is run around all night drinking and dancing, sleeping all day and I am not sure if you know this but you do not have a very good reputation, everyone knows you are a cheater!!"
"Since when?"
"Since you go around jumping from one woman to the next, no commitment have your fun then move onto the next one, I have lost count of the romantic interests you have, I am sick of hearing your phone constantly ringing off the hook - always one female or the other wandering what has happened to you, where have you been and what have you been doing  and when will they see you again - women are not toys you know Devon."
"Yes I do know!!"
"Well you are not acting like you know!!"


"Money, what are you doing for money when you don't have a job, besides tapping me and your mother, isn't it about time you started earning some money for yourself"
"I do, when exactly was the last time I tapped you for any money Dad, think about it!!"
"So tell me."
"Promotional work, I can make some good money for doing the jobs my agent sends me to do.  Busking, I quite often play for tips in town and don't forget all the stuff I get sent by manufacturers,  that just gets swallowed up by the household, its not like I take anything for myself is it."
"Ok, so maybe, you are doing something, but, it is not a career, it is not going to feed and clothe you and your family later on in life and don't forget me and your Mother are not going to be here forever!!"
"Your talking about things that are not happening for a very long time - geeeeze, cut me some slack, your talking like all this is happening tomorrow!!"


I will have to thank my little brother one day - our conversation was cut short because my Mom went into labour and was saved from the rest of Dad's "talk".  Mom and Dad went off to the hospital and I was bored.

"Tracey its Devon, hi, the dishwasher is broken AGAIN, and the computer, are you free?"
"Great I'll see you in an hour then."


"I swear you never fix that dishwasher properly so I can keep calling you round!!"
"Your so sure of yourself aren't you Devon - this dishwasher really needs replacing, not fixing."
"I don't believe you!!"
"Quit bugging me Devon, I have already had a telling off from your Dad for coming round here and not fixing stuff because I let you distract me, he warned me, this time he was letting me off, next time he is telling my boss, so do me a favour and let me get on with my job, before you help me lose it"
"Ok - ok - I get the message, I'll leave you alone"


"So, your finished?"
"Yes for once, say where are your parents anyway?"
"At the hospital, Mom has gone into labour."
"So are you all excited about the new baby?"
"Not particularly, I have two younger sisters, remember, who are both pains!!"
"Well that's me done for tonight."
"What time do you knock of work?"
"When I leave here."


"Do you fancy hanging out for a bit?"
"I suppose it wouldn't hurt, I have nothing planned for later."
"So, am I allowed to distract you now?"
"Yep, as much as you like - distract away."


Ok so this isn't the first time I've kissed Tracey, and I doubt it will be the last.


"You could always stay over"
"Are you sure your parents won't mind"
"They won't even notice with the new baby!!"
"Only if your sure its not going to course any trouble."
"They haven't said anything when you have stayed over before have they?"
"No but I don't think your Dad likes it very much."
"Ignore him, he is getting miserable in his old age!!"


This isn't the first night we have spent together either.


I heard my baby brother crying in the night but did not go to have a look at him till in the morning.
They have called him Devlin and he is Clumsy and Loves the Outdoors.  It looks like he is going to take after mom with his red skin.


Dad spotted Tracey was here during breakfast, I made salad, I am a terrible cook and always tend to burn pancakes and waffles.  After Tracey left for work Dad had plenty to say about her staying over and that I had not listened to anything he had said on the subject of women and my reputation yesterday.


I decided to go to the Dance club again tonight.  It was pretty dead when I got in there but it started to pick up after a while, I was busy in a world of my own dancing when my phone rang.


"I told you your Dad Didn't like me!!"
"Why what's happened?"
"He nearly got me the sack that's what - and I had my area changed so when you phone for repairs in future it won't be me who turns up any more."
"Oh, I am sorry, I never thought he would do that!!"


Oh well, this thing with Tracey had been too easy, but it also caused me a problem, like I could never take anyone home just in case someone called for repairs and Tracey turned up.


I was being eyed up - dirty old mare!!!


Marley and Melodie walked in so I spent the rest of the night drinking with Marley and dancing with Melodie.


Chucking out time came round too quickly

"How do you fancy coming back to mine, I don't know about you but I am wide awake."


Dads face was a picture when he came down and found me and Melodie dancing.

"Breakfast Mel?"
"Yeah y not."
"Mel - since when does he call you Mel?
"Zac he always calls me that."


"I want to know what's going on with you two"
"Dad - don't start!!"
"No Devon, with your reputation I wouldnt put it past you and Melodie to be ......"
"Zac STOP -  your stressing over nothing"
"Am I?"


"Your can stay in tonight Devon."
"Your joking - I am too old to be grounded Dad!!"
"It's your sisters birthdays, so you can stay in and help them celebrate."


Miserable git!!  I left him talking to Melodie.


"And while you are stuck in tonight you can have a serious think about getting yourself a job."
"Whatever Dad"
"I am being serious Devon - its time you grew up!!"


Crystal and Chantilly had their birthdays. We are all now young adults.


Crystal has decided that she wants a career in science and Chantilly wants a medical career like Dad.  I am actually shocked that they have both decided to do different things, I always imagined them working together like they do everything else together.


"Wiggles STOP, thats enough already!"

I let him out, I felt sorry for him he kept on making me feel guilty, but now he is out I really don't know what I am going to do with him.








I want to turn him real, I just need to find out how to do it

----------------
Chapter 3
----------------


1 comment:

  1. Devon sure loves dancing and flirting. He seems to fit you well. :D

    ReplyDelete