Saturday 13 August 2011

Chapter 3 - Gen 14 - Devon

We are all setting off for Crystal and Chantilly's graduation ceremony, even Devlin came along. Devlin loved the ride in his buggy.



Crystal graduated with honours and was deemed "Most Artistic".
Chantilly also graduated with honours and was deemed "Most likely to burn down own home".  Remind me to keep her away from the stove!!!!


I decided to listen to my agent who suggested that I worked out for 4 hours to get a "celebrity body".   Dad is on a mission with the chemistry table, I am not sure what because he won't say.


I was soon to find out what he was up to and was pretty shocked to realise that Dad had an imaginary friend that he was turning real using a potion that he had just made on the chemistry table.  So Buddy his real imaginary friend joined the household for a while before Dad bought him a small house in town which he moved into.


Devlin had his birthday.  He is now a toddler and takes after Mom all except for his eyes which are the same colour as Grandad Wesleys eyes were.   It is quite funny that I take completely after Dad and Devlin takes completely after Mom.


I began to make a start on working towards my Lifetime wish, I have four instruments to master and really could only play the guitar and not all that good either.


After Dad turning his imaginary friend real and introducing him to everyone.  I was a little relieved and thought maybe now that everyone knew I could talk about my imaginary friend - but I was wrong - Chantilly started gossiping about Dad saying she thought that he had gone totally mental if he thought we believed what he was saying.


When I tried to defend him and told her about my imaginary friend - she went mental at me and got very cross!!!


When Dad came to see what all the shouting was about she told him she thought we were both mental.  She obviously doesnt have an imaginary friend so thought we were both mad.

"Dad, I was talking about Wiggles and she went mad at me."
"Who is wiggles Devon?"
"Like Buddy, mines called Wiggles"
"Oh, so you have one too?"
"Yeah but Tilly thinks we are mad."


"I wanted to ask you something  - I saw what you gave Buddy - how can I get some?"
"Do you want to turn Wiggles real?"
"Yes, Dad where did you get that potion from?"
"I made it on the chemistry table."
"Can you make me some please."
"Ok, but do you mind waiting a while I have a lot on at the moment and don't have another day off now for another week."
"Yes fine, I don't mind waiting a while."


Another night out at the Dance club - but tonight I had a new experience.  I was drinking and minding my own business and I started feeling uneasy and uncomfortable, it was like I could feel her before I even saw her.  I had ordered food and when I looked up from what I was eating, I saw a vampire woman sat staring at me and I was not really sure what was making me feel so uneasy.


"So Devon, I see your reputation is true!!"
"Sorry do I know you?"
"No, I am Susan Wainright, and I am very flattered but you'll waste your time flirting with me, I am married."
"WHAT??!!"
"You were thinking just then about flirting with me."
"How the hell do you know that?"
"I am a vampire - I can read your mind."
"Yeah right!!!!  If you know about my reputation then that was probably just an educated guess, you can no more  read my mind, than I can read yours!!"
"So Tracey, you want to chat with Tracey am I right?"
"Yes but ....."
"And Bella, you want to know what Bella Bachelors star sign is."
"What the ......??!!"
"You have a very one tracked mind Devon Swan."

I was pretty spooked because it was like she knew what I was thinking.  I spent sometime with her dancing, I did not dare flirt with her, I was too spooked!! I did however do some successful flirting which resulted in me taking home someone who stayed the night in my bed.



I snook Shina out of the house the next morning before my parents got up, she said she had to go to work anyway so did not stay for breakfast.


"So who was that you sneaked out of the house just now Devon?"
"What are you on about Mom?"
"Don't play innocent Devon, we heard you last night, we couldn't help but hear all the bumping and banging and giggling going on, our bedroom is on the front remember, we saw you seeing her out earlier, your Dad is livid I might warn you, so who was she?"
"Shina"
"And?"
"And what?"
"Any plans to see her again or was she just another one to add to your list?"
"I don't know!!"
"Devon you really need to get your act together, your Dad is losing his patience with your antics!!"


I managed to avoid Dad wrath, as the twins distracted my parents so they forgot about me for the moment.  The twins announced that they were going to move out and into a place of their own.  Mom was pretty upset by this so Dad was too occupied with Mom and the twins to have time to say anything to me.


I hid out in the basement and made a start on learning how to play the drums while I waited for the Dance club to open.


Tonight the Dance Club was pretty dead - everyone was elsewhere tonight.


I finally got round to testing out the bubble machine


I ended up leaving the club early and as I wanted to play the drums in the park, I wandered over to the park opposite where I knew there was a stage with fixed instruments that was used by local bands and open mike events.


It was early morning when I decided to go skinny dipping in the pool, there was nobody around.


I had gone home and taken a nap and made something to eat, it was then that Dad finally caught up with me, the twins had moved out so now I got all of his attention.

"I think we need to have a talk Devon."
"Dad, can't it wait, I am just heading out" I lied
"Where are you going?"
"Some work for my agent."
"Can that not wait till later"
"No, I need to do a cameo, today before six"  I lied a little more, anything to escape one of his lectures.
"Ok, well, when you get back you need to make time for us to talk."



My phone started ringing -- saved by the phone call.  It was Tracey.

"Hey how you doing?"
"Devon we need to talk."
"What about?"
"Not over the phone, can we meet up?"  I knew Dad was listening so I had to be careful.
"I have a job to do maybe later you can come round."
"Not at your place, not with your parents there, its a little tricky, can you meet me somewhere?"
"How about Wally's?"
"Yeah ok, what time?"
"Eight ok?"
"Yeah ok, eight o'clock"
I wander what that was all about!!??


I headed straight out, I had told my Dad I had something to do, I made my way to Wally's Dive bar, I could quite easily kill a few hours before Tracey was due to arrive.  Outside the dive bar I bumped into Bella Bachelor, who asked me for my autograph, and I finally managed to find out what her star sign was.


Eight o'clock came and went without any sign of Tracey.  It was nine o'clock and still she had not turned up, I went outside to make sure she was not hanging around outside.  She was not outside.  I walked back into the bar and stopped dead in my tracks. A woman had appeared from nowhere, she had not been in here earlier and she had not just walked through the door, if she had  I would have seen her, because she would have had to have walked past me - where had she come from??   I was confused and wandered for one moment if I wasn't seeing things, After rubbing my eyes, she was definitely real.


I just stood staring at her and she just stared back for what seemed like forever.
"Hello." she spoke and broke the stare "Your Devon Swan"
"Yeah, and you are ?"
"Cathleen"
"Hiya Cathleen" was all I could say, she held out her hand like she wanted me to shake it


She held my hand softly, and I could feel the electricity running up my arm, my knees went weak and I started to feeling light headed.

What the hell was she doing to me??


------------------
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment