Friday 22 July 2011

Chapter 7 - Gen 13 - Zac

"I hope you are going to clean all those feathers up"
"Later"


"Stop enough now"


"Not again!!"
"Your cue to leave"
"At least your using your own bed this time!!"


"Don't you think it's about time you made things official with Cherry, you haven't even asked her to be your girlfriend yet!!!"
"Woow - slow down, I am not ready for any of that yet"
"Well I would say you are - the amount of romantic overdose I am having to sit here and watch"






"Was that the door?"
"Yes, but don't worry your sister is getting it, its for her anyway"
"Who is it?"
"Her boyfriend"
"She doesn't have a boyfriend"
"She does, Deon, they have been together since prom, do you not talk to your sister?"


"You should know him he went to your school"
"I am not sure I do, his name does not ring any bells"
"Great - now I have got the pair of you at it, I swear someones put something in the water, all the romance going on in this house!!"


"You look lost, is it because you seem to have lost your shadow, its not often these days I see you and Cherry apart"
"I am watching that potty chair - its my Moms ghost again isn't it!!"
"Yes, hang around you might see her"
"No thanks!"


"Too late"
"I think I am going to throw up"
"She's not going to hurt you, you know!!"





"I didn't think it would be long before your shadow appeared!!"
"Always moaning you, arent you!!"
"I am not moaning exactly - its just I have watched enough smooching, I think its time you took it a step further - you know - ask her to be your girlfriend - get engaged - married even - don't you want a baby yet"
"No I am not ready for all that just yet"
"Putting an engagement ring on her finger is not going to make that much difference you know"
"So why do you keep going on - I will do it when I am ready!!"


"You have had another promotion I see"
"Yeah I am a resident now - half way to where I want to be"
"Well look happy about it - why are you looking so puzzled?"
"Dad just said something strange"
"What?"
"Oh nothing I must have misheard, forget it!!"


"Look Zac, see what your sister is doing"
"She's mad - and don't think I am doing the same just because you want me too!!"
"Your little sister, getting married before you do"
"So"


"No I haven't told Zac yet, I haven't had the chance."
silence while Wesley listened
"Ok, I'll see you in a bit"

"I just walked in on my Dad having a strange phone conversation, do you know who he was talking to?"
"I might"
"Is there something going on that I don't know about?"
"There might be"
"What hasn't he had chance to tell me yet?"
"Its not for me to say, but if you go into the hall, the doorbell just rang, you might find out"


"Its Melodie - what is she doing here?"
"Eeerrrr"
"Why is she looking so worried?"
"She is worried about what you might think or say or do"


"What? will you just tell me, what is going on?"
"Just watch"


"OMG - You have got to be kidding - my Dad, he is kissing Melodie!!!!"
"Now you see!!"
"How long has this been going on - did you know about it - of course you did - why didn't you tell me!!"
"Not my place to say anything"
"Not your place - you knew I would not like this!!!!"
"Exactly why I didn't tell you and besides, you have been too wrapped up in Cherry to notice what has been going on right under your nose"


"What's so funny?"
"She is younger than his eldest daughter"
"and?"
"She's my best mate"
"She used to be your best mate, when exactly did you even bother to phone her to say hello"
"Well she hasn't phoned me - you should have stopped this from happening!!!"
"Eeeerrrrrr - I didn't want to"
"WHY NOT??  It is gross, in a minute you are going to tell me you helped this happen!!"
"Actually I did"


"WHAT!! WHY - Did you do this just to pee me off because I won't get engaged to Cherry yet"
"NO - not everything is about you, you know - I did this for your Dad - he deserves a bit of happiness doesn't he"
"Yes, but not with Melodie - please - tell me this is not true"
"Look, while you have been busy with Cherry, kicking me out of your room and having your private time, what do you think I do in my spare time - nothing.  Your Dad has been pretty miserable since your Mother died and when I saw what he wanted I helped it happen so we could see a smile on his face again"
"He wished for this? - he wished for Melodie?"
"Of course I haven't just forced them together, its what he wished for"





"Still, I don't like it - not Melodie - he should be with someone his own age!!"
"Its up to them don't you think, I can not see her putting up a fight, quite the opposite, so why can't you be happy for them - unless you have feelings for Melodie that you are not telling me about!!"
"Don't be stupid - I am not going to repeat myself again"
"So there shouldn't be a problem then should there!!"


"He's too old for her"
"Age is just a number and if it does not bother them, why should it bother you?!"
"What about Mom?"
"What about your Mom, she is dead, gone, surely you don't expect your Dad to grieve forever, that's not fair."
"I don't care - I just don't like it"
"Well you better get used to it because she is moving in"
"No - she can't!!"


"She is - get used to it!!"


-----------------------
Chapter 8
----------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment