Saturday 16 July 2011

Chapter 7 - Gen 12 - Wesley

"So, how has your day been?"
"Fine, Zac has hardly cried today, he has slept most of the day"
"Great, so he can keep me up all night again"
"What do you mean again?"
"Last night while you were snoring your head off he had me in and out of bed like a yo-yo, I don't know how you managed to sleep through his screaming!!"


"Sorry - I must have been exhausted"


"Nobody is watching us how do you fancy ....."
"Not in here Wes, we can't"
"We can!!"


 We are both trying to work on our guitar skill, which we both needed to improve for work.  Violet was back to work soon from her maternity leave and she had hardly picked up her guitar while she had been off work.


Not being careful and messing about in the hot tub resulted in Violet throwing up regularly.
She suspected we had another baby on the way and I didn't mind because I wanted another baby, I still wanted a girl.


Violet got her first taste of being a celebrity, somehow she had managed to sneak onto the celebrity ladder, we are not really sure how because it was not like she knew many celebrities, other than me.  She caught a woman pap in the garden taking pictures of her - she was not very impressed.


Today was Zac's birthday and we found out that Violet was definitely pregnant again.


I did not have work but I did have some promotional work that I had to do for my agent that I had kept putting off - ordering a drink at the vampire lounge.  I had not seen any vampires in this town yet, and I was not looking forward to meeting any, I really did not want to be reminded of what I used to be.


Thankfully the place was dead as it was late afternoon, there was only the bar tender in the place and at first I had wandered with him hiding his eyes behind dark glasses in a pretty dark room if he was not a vampire, but when I was close I could tell he was as human as I was.  I quickly drank my drink and left.


"You cut it a bit fine!!"
"I told you I would be back in time for his birthday and I am"
"Well did you see any vampires?"
"No, only a human bartender, I am not even sure there are any vampires in this town!!"
"Good and I hope it stays that way!!"
"You really have a problem with vampires don't you"
"Yeah just a little!!"


 Zac had his birthday and became  a toddler.
I was pretty relieved when he turned out to take after Violet - her hair her eyes and her traits.  Hopefully he will not have inherited anything from my side of the family.


It did disturb me that he seemed to love that doll, every opportunity he had he would be playing with it.  I was still baffled as to who exactly had sent it to him.


We both helped him to learn to talk which he picked up quite quickly


During the daytime he was quite a happy child, 
hardly crying and always had a smile on his face.


But I am sure alot of that had to do with that doll of his.


But bedtime came and he changed - I swear he saved all his crying for the night time and he gave us both a lot of sleepless nights.


He loved going out in the stroller so we even tried to take him out before bed hoping the fresh air and the long ride would make him really tired and knock him out for the night, but no such luck - he still screamed all through the night.


One one of our strolls I took him to the book store and brought him a book.
I tried reading him to sleep but that did not help either.  I also got that cookery book I had wanted for so long too while I was at the book store - better late than never!!


Zac was potty trained very quickly


The bump was growing pretty big and the baby was due any minute


I tried to make a start on reading the cookery book but I did not get very far because I heard Violet moaning in the kitchen


When I went to investigate I soon realised the baby was on the way.


When she told me there was not enough time to get her to the hospital I started panicking.


I got the girl I wanted.
We called her Zina and she is Artistic and Friendly



Zac screaming downstairs Zina screaming upstairs and Violet sleeping straight through all of the racket again, I don't know how she manages it when she is not a heavy sleeper!!.  I gave up on sleep and took Zina downstairs and by the time I had settled them both down it was nearly morning anyway.


I swear I just saw that doll move again!!


--------------------
------------------

2 comments:

  1. Zac is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. Zac is so cute! And I'm glad Wesley got his girl!

    ReplyDelete