Friday 15 July 2011

Chapter 6 - Gen 12 - Wesley

"So your not mad we are getting a baby before we planned to?"
"Of course I am not mad - a little shocked maybe"


"I really hope its a girl - I don't want a boy"
"Your still fretting over the gay thing arent you!!"
"I am always going to fret over it"
"Having a girl is no different she could always be gay too you know"
"Shut up!!"


"There is something else we need to think about.  Where we are going to be living because I don't really want to be raising a child in this house, its not safe"
"What other choice do we have, the other house is not ready is it?"


"The house is kind of ready to move into but its still pretty bare and I think with the money we will get for selling this house we might just be able to scape enough together to move in, but it will clean us out and things will be tight for a while"
"When you say bare, what do you mean?"
"The kitchen is done and both bathrooms and our bedroom.  The living room is half done, the rest of the house is empty - undecorated and unfurnished"
"As long as there is somewhere to eat, sleep and wash, we can cope without the rest can't we?"
"I can, I am just checking that you can"


"Your silly talking to the bump!!"
"The baby can hear you know"
"Don't be silly!!"
"It's true I read it in a book, a pregnancy book my parents had"


"So you are ok about us moving into a bare house?"
"Yes its fine"


We moved across the road into our new house on my old lot.



"Who was that guy hanging about on the front, why didn't you tell him to clear off"
"It was a pap"
"A what??"
"Paparazzi, press, unfortunately I am gaining back my celebrity status,
I am a three star celebrity or hadn't you noticed"
"What do you mean gaining back?"
""Where I come from I couldn't even sneeze in public without it ending up in the newspaper, I am a five star celebrity back home I was born famous and it is pretty annoying, I have loved being in this town up till now where nobody knew me and I was left alone - now its coming back and I don't really want it to"
"Well you can't become a Rockstar and not be famous can you so that's a bit silly"
"I know but the peace has been nice while it lasted!!"


"So do you like the house?"
"Yes but we have a problem, we don't even have a cot for the baby"
"Don't worry - my pay is not too bad now, and I am on the verge of another promotion so that bonus will come in handy, your nursery will be ready before the baby arrives!!"
"Are we broke?"
"If you mean cash in the bank - virtually yes, but don't worry everything will be fine!!"
"I hope so!!"


 "AAAAAAWWWWWWW"
 "What's the matter?"
"A brand new shower and the first time I use it its broken"


I was not impressed having to repair a brand new broken shower!!


"You are not going to light this fire are you?"
"No, not till I have got round to making it fire proof"
"Good because I don't like it"
Violet is Neurotic and was always checking things like the cooker, the taps and the windows.   The fireplace she was really paranoid over and I kept catching her staring up it like something nasty was hiding up it.


I am still living on salad, even for breakfast it is the only edible thing I can make to eat.


"I think I might pop down to the book store and buy some cooking books, I want to improve my cooking skills before I start getting sick of salad"
"Try not to be too long you know baby is due today and I don't want to be alone"
"I just remembered - I can't go to the book store and buy books"
"Why?"
"We are broke remember!!"
"Have you paid the bills?"
"Yes, all paid"


Improving my cooking skill would have to wait, so I decided to work on my guitar skill, which I needed to improve if I ever wanted to achieve my life time wish of being a Rockstar.


I left Violet sleeping on the couch while I carried on playing my guitar upstairs.


I didn't hear her moaning in pain


The first thing I heard was the baby crying.


The baby had come so quickly Violet said she would not have made it to the car let alone the hospital it was less than an hour from the first pain to the baby arriving.  Me - the first time I see my first child all I can do is laugh and snigger inappropriately I know!!


"I didn't want a boy - I told you I didn't want a boy!!"
"Wes - stop it NOW!!!"
"Sorry!!"
"You better be!!"
Its just a good job she didn't get too mad with me over my inappropriate tongue sometimes!!


We called the baby Zac and he is Neurotic and Virtuoso
I could see he had Violets purple eyes - hopefully he would take after her and not me!!


I was pretty surprised the first night that Violet could sleep through Zac screaming the house down because I couldn't the racket he made and the amount of times he cried out in the night.


The next morning I noticed the postman stuffing something into the mailbox.
I was surprised to find a present for Zac


"Vi I thought you said you didn't have any relatives"
"I don't why?"
"Well this just came in the mail for Zac"
"Who from?"
"All it says on the card is from a distant relative"
"Maybe its from one of yours"
"Impossible, trust me, if my grandparents or Dad knew where
I was they would have banged the door down by now!!"
"Well someone sent it and I assure you I do not have a living relative, so it must be one of yours"
"No it can't be - didn't recognise the writing on the card!!"


I gave the doll to him anyway, I put it in Zac's cot even though I was very unsure of it and it creeped me out a little because I swear a few times out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw it move.


I got back from work to a surprise meal of waffles, Violets cooking was as bad as mine
"You cooked and didn't burn it!!"
"I did" she grinned
"While you have been at work I have been going to the library and reading some cookery books, Zac loves the ride in the stroller"


I was now band manager at work, I had had a few quick promotions and some nice bonuses and some nice pay rises, money was not such a worry but we were still having to be careful.


"I have a surprise for you follow me"
"Where are we going?"
"Out in the back garden"

I took her out and the minute she saw the hot tub she went mad

"Please tell me you have wasted money buying that when we need ..."
"Calm down - it did not cost us a penny!!"
"So how?"
"One of the perks of being a celebrity"
"Now your confusing me!!"
"The best thing about being a celebrity is that you receive free gifts from manufacturers, this will be the first of many, now that I have gained another star and become a four star celebrity they will start rolling in"
"What's the catch?"
"There isn't one - its our to keep"
"We won't have to pay for it?"
"No - not a penny"



"Wow - I could get used to this!!"


-------------------------
------------------------

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what Zac looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zac is neurotic and virtuoso while Cherry is eccentric and virtuoso. Maybe you will get your 'apple' hair back.

    ReplyDelete