Thursday 21 July 2011

Chapter 5 - Gen 13 - Zac

"You have been having very interesting dreams again"
"What now?"
"Romance and babies, were you dreaming about Kaylynn by any chance?"
"Forget that I've got a bone to pick with you - I told you not to change my bed!!"
"I was hoping you wouldn't notice"





All of a sudden the fire alarm started squealing - down in the kitchen, Violet is stood by the puddle of water trying to repair the broken dish washer and she has started a fire - will she never learn her lesson.


Hang on, she is already singed so she must have already electricuted herself once and she has carried on and that water is running pretty close to her feet, and its moving closer and closer all the time.


"Zac you had better get downstairs - its your Mom"
"She's ok isn't she?"
"No, I am sorry, she isnt"
 "OH NO - NOT MOM!!"


"Zac, I hate to point this out to you at a time like this, but is your sister mad - she is cooking, not taking the slightest notice of what is going on around her, especially as you and Zara are sceaming enough to wake the whole street up"


Miles and Wesley come rushing in because of all the noice
Zina is still oblivious and cooking

The grim reaper came to collect Violet
still Zina is cooking

A litte ironic that Zina should cremate not just burn whatever it was she was cooking!!

Everyone is stunned into silence, I am really not sure when Zina noticed but she did not really react to what had just happened.

"This is all your fault!!"
"What did I do?"
"You did not stop her - you could have stopped her and you didn't and now she has gone"
"Like I have told you before, I can not keep watch over everyone all of the time - it was an accident - and I don't mean to sound heartless but, you know what your Mom was like, this was not the first time was it, she did insist on trying to repair the broken machines, nobody forced her, she knew what could happen but still she went and did it again and again, this time unfortunately with fatal consequences."
"Still you could have and you should have stopped her, I am never going to forgive you for this!!!!"

"Fine, blame me if it makes you feel better!!"
"Just look at my Dad - look at him - he is devastated"
"I'm sorry!!"
"Thats not going to bring Mom back is it - sorry!!"

 For days everyone just existed and Wesley was very quiet and napped a lot.

  "Eerr I have just noticed something - did you know that your sister is pregnant again?"
"Nothing she does surprises me, I am pretty mad with her at the moment, she does not seem to care at all that Mom has just died"

"I hate my sister!!"
"Why what's wrong now?"
"She picks her moments, they are moving out, deserting us, I have tried to stop them but they are so inconsiderate, Dad has just lost Mom and now Zina, Miles and Riley are leaving, aren't we supposed to stick together at a time like this!!"


"She really does not care, look at her, nose in the air, she is laughing, you know she has not shed one tear over Mom's death"
"Then maybe it is best she goes, surely her being around just makes things harder for everyone"
"I suppose but that is not the point is it"


"I am going to miss Miles, I got on with him really well!!"
"They will be fine, and so will you, they had to get their own place sometime and especially now that she is having another baby, even if it is bad timing"
"Well that baby might have helped cheer Dad up, I don't know what to do to cheer him up"
"Give him time he will get over it eventually - death is something we all have to cope with eventually and the pain does not last forever, it will fade to be bearable eventually."


"This house is too quiet and Dad does nothing but nap"
"I have noticed you have done your fair share of nappping too"
"It helps to shut the brain off for a while"

"I felt guilty telling Dad I had just been promoted at work today, I am now a Medical Intern."
"Why would you feel guilty"
"Well he is still moping around and I am having to get on with it - go to work, you know, put in the effort, I am worried he will think I didn't care about Mom"


"What are you doing up at this time in the morning"
"Didn't you just hear my pager - I am on call, there is an emergency at the hospital, today is going to be a very long day"
"Well don't forget its your little sisters birthday today"
"I am not sure I will be back from work in time"




Zara celebrated her birthday alone I am not sure she even remembered her own birthday as she was half way through preparing a meal when it happened.  She gained the Over Emotional trait.


"Who was that you were just talking to?"
"Nosey, if you must know it was Cherry, you know, Raspberrys cousin"
"And?"
"And nothing!!  She asked me if I wanted to hang out but I can't its Zara's graduation today remember"
"Shame, you could have gone on a date"
"Shut up, I hardly know the woman!!"


"I felt really sorry for Zara, with only me and Dad at her graduation ceremony"
"What about Zina?"
"Oh you might guess, she never even bothered to turn up!! Zara was pretty upset"


"I don't think it was Zina not being there that upset her thought, I think all three of us were wishing Mom had been  here today"

---------------
---------------

1 comment:

  1. lol Raspberry stalked the house last chapter and now Cherry wants him to come over. Are my girls just going to follow him around?

    ReplyDelete