Thursday 28 July 2011

Chapter 10 - Gen 13 - Zac

"I notice you are reading a pregnancy book are you coming round to the idea of becoming a Dad?"
"I don't have a lot of choice do I - its happening now whether I wanted it or not"
"And what does Buddy think about it?"
"I am not sure he likes the idea either"


"I have got some thinking to do"
"What about"
"Dad reminded me about the scandal that is going to break out if we have this baby and we are not married"
"Oh, so you are thinking about getting married"
"Like I said I have some thinking to do"


"I see you have made your mind up"
"Yeah, I think its best we get married before the baby comes"
"Well you are going to have to hurry - that baby is due any time now!!"


"Zac I hate to remind you but to get married you need to be engaged and you usually get engaged to your girlfriend and as you still have not even bothered to ask Cherry to be your girlfriend yet - I think you have some work to do!!"
"I know and will you stop pecking my head and leave me along to get on with it!!"


"Your stalling - get on with it, look its getting dark already!!"
"This isn't easy you know!!"






"Get a move on before the baby comes"


"Getting married quickly in the back garden in the dark, is not really what I had imagined but under the circumstances we really don't have much choice."
"Was Cherry upset?"
"No she was actually not bothered about a fuss - so its done, I hope you are happy now!!"

"Please tell me you are not about to do what I think your doing!?"
"Why not?  Close the door on your way out!!"
"Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you!!"


"I did think it might not be a good idea!!"
"Stop fussing, the baby is due anyway now, that had nothing to do with it!!"
"If you say so!!"


"Forgive me for asking but why should someone so high up in a medical career panic at the arrival of a baby, you do surprise me and you are really not helping Cherry!!"
"It is different when its your own baby, besides she is refusing to go to the hospital"


"Zac is this really the time to having a conversation with your imaginary friend"
"He is helping to keep me calm"
"That really is not funny think about poor Cherry"



"Look at it from Cherry's point of view - it actually looks to her like you are having a conversation with yourself - your scaring her she thinks you have lost the plot!!"


"Zac concentrate on your wife not Buddy - 
look your son has arrived and you haven't even noticed!!"

"Well Cherry really does not look happy with you!!"
"She isn't!!"


"I think maybe you have some grovelling to do later."
"I know, but she is exhausted she is going to take a nap first, I'll talk to her later"



"So, what's his name"
"Devon, have you noticed he has my eyes and my skin I wander who's hair he is going to have"


"For someone who was not happy about becoming a Dad you are doing a pretty good job of hogging the baby, you have not put him down yet, and what are you watching?"
"I brought Devon downstairs so he didn't wake Cherry, and I am watching a cooking programme"


"Can you believe my Dad, boasting about his four grandchildren and showing me their photo's, but he told me he wanted another one because he wants five in total."
"Was he asking you to have another one for him?"
"No but I think he was hinting."


"He also got very worked up when he saw Devons doll sitting in the crib"
"Oh yeah, he never could work out where you all had your dolls from, he never had one when he was a baby so he doesn't understand what they are"
"Where do they come from?"
"A distant relative so I believe - a mystery nobody really knows"


"Buddy is really having a hard time with the baby isn't he"
"Yeah he really doesn't like Devon, I wouldn't be surprised that if he was real he would have the dislike children trait."


"Now what is Buddy doing if he didn't like children he wouldn't be watching over the baby like that."
"Its not the baby it is the doll he is fascinated with, he knows its another one of him"
"Do these dolls communicate with each other?"
"I don't have a clue."


"So Cherry is not upset with you any more I see"
"No but she is a little worried she thinks I am nutz, she got cross with me when I tried to explain about my imaginary friend - she has never had one so she wouldn't understand"


"I need to find a way to get rid of Buddy before he causes me any more problems"


--------------
Chapter 11
--------------

1 comment:

  1. At least they managed to get married before the baby came. Lol, woohoo while that pregnant tends to end up with labor as Georgia Peach and Pepper found out.

    ReplyDelete