Friday 2 September 2011

Chapter 14 - Gen 14 - Devon

"Devon I want another baby."
"Not yet Cathleen, don't you think we have our hands full enough already!!"
"I know but I really want another one."
"I am sorry love, we are just going to have to wait a while."
"Don't you want any more kids?"
"You know I have been way to busy with the ones we already have to even think about any more."
"Well will you think about it please!!"
"I'll think about it but I am not promising anything!!"


"Babies - and don't think you are going to con me into it Cathleen."
"It never even crossed my mind."
"Oh yeah and since when have you been so daring, Dad is only in the next room playing the piano, he might catch us."
"So!"


Dad was pretty miserable again, I know it was because he was not seeing Melodie any more, he was actually sticking to the promise he made to my Mom's ghost.  He now spent hours talking to Melodie on the pc, but you could see that this was not really making him happy.


Marshal has his birthday and becomes a child.


Then Bree told me something that kind of amused me.  She has a boyfriend Eugene Pratt, but I didn't know how they met until she told me.  She had gone to Wallys for a drink, there was nothing doing downstairs so she went upstairs.






The first thing she noticed when she went upstairs was the mixologist standing behind the bar, Eugene.  The very same bar Cathleen used to work - how ironic.  Know the hours a mixologist works I was not surprised that I would only see Eugene around for a few hours in the morning then Bree would disappear until after work.


I had my birthday, I had forgotten it was my birthday as I was busy at work.  I was so embarrassed when I walked out of the threatre, to age up right there infront of a crowd of people.  I am not sure that I like the extra wrinkles I have acquired!!!  My birthday was just the first of quite a few we had over the next few days.


Miles became a teenager






Cathleen had her adult birthday.  She just gained a few wrinkles like I had and looked no different.



and finally the twins had their birthdays, became young adults and graduated from school both with honours.



As usual the family ghosts were out to help celebrate the birthdays with the exception of my Mom who nobody had seen since her and Dad had words over Melodie.


I think my Grandmother has taken quite a shine to Miles, she talked to him for hours and then when he decided to play chess she joined him.  She only left when Miles became so exhausted he got up and found the closest thing to sleep on.


Everything changed around the place, the twins were both settled in a job, Maylee at the hospital and Mallory at the science fascility.  They decided that they wanted to move out together and get a place of their own, so I bought them a nice house on the other side of town.  Miles was out and about doing whatever and I got to spend a lot more time with Marshal, which up until now I had not really done.


"I hope you are behaving yourself when you are out and about Miles?"
"What do you mean Dad?"
"You know girls and stuff, what do you do when you go out anyway?"
"I go to the library mainly or fishing or busking in the park, and what about girls?"
"Oh, you surprise me - so you don't have a girlfriend yet then?"
"No, there is nobody at school I like."
I dreaded that my boys would take the same path that I did when I was young and stupid!!


"So how is the buskng going?"
"Not bad, I earned $100 the other day."
"So do you think you will be getting a job at the theatre once you graduate?"
"No, I prefer science, I am reading up on gardening at the library."
"You know there are gardening book in the bookcase here."
"I know but its better at the library, quieter, besides Marshal bugs me too much when I am home."
"I hope you aren't being nasty to him, it can't be easy for him being the baby."
"No I am not nasty to him but he drives me mad wanting me to play games with him and I definitely don't want to play hopscotch and in the sandpit with him - I am past all that!!"
"He does spend a lot of time in that sandpit, doesn't he."
"I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a load of sand in his bed!!!"


I also try to make plenty of time to working on my instrument skills.


The guitar and drums now mastered and what bit I had already learnt of the piano and bass, I was well over  halfway to achieving my lifetime wish.






On the wall in the dance room are my mastered certificates for the guitar and drums - I will not rest till there are four certificates on that wall.


------------------
------------------

I have fallen in love with Miles - he is not only cute - but he seems to be a little geeky in the way he wants to be doing something constructive all the time.  He wants to learn every skill going by the looks of his wishes so far and he is always wanting to go off to the library and he isnt even a bookwork - lol

2 comments:

  1. It looks like Devon is playing the drums naked. I'm assuming he's in his swimsuit. and there's now room for another baby.

    ReplyDelete